Have you started your St Patrick’s Day shopping yet? Here at Weavers of Ireland, we have a wonderful selection of unique and beautiful gifts for everyone on your list, and we can help you to make the perfect choices.
Whether you’re looking for a beautiful gift to show your partner how much you care, or a thoughtful item for an elderly loved one, we’ve got your back. We have a range of authentic Irish products that are designed to reflect the very best of Irish heritage, and we have gift ideas for everyone. From children’s clothing to on trend items for the home, we can help you to find the very best options for everyone, as well as stocking fillers that you’ll love.
Why Choose Irish Tweed
When you are choosing St Patrick’s Day gifts, it can be tricky to find the right thing for everyone on your list. It isn’t easy to find gifts that are unique, thoughtful and sustainable, especially when you want your recipients to really cherish their gifts. Here at Weavers of Ireland, we have a wide range of beautiful products, selected from top quality Irish producers, who make the most of traditional materials such as Irish Tweed and pure Irish Wool, creating products that combine contemporary style and traditional heritage.
Here’s our St Patrick’s Day guide to Irish Tweed & Irish Wool woven products:
- A hat for everyone. Hats are universally great gifts, whether you are buying for a grandparent or a young child. If you are looking for a gift for a woman, you’ll love our Ladies Tweed Newsboy Hat, which comes in a variety of stunning colours and shades, such as this beautiful plain red, which is eye-catching and stylish. For men, our Irish Flat Caps are a very popular choice, available in a wide range of patterns and colours that will ensure that the special men in your life stand out from the crowd. This makes the ideal gift for your brother, partner, father or a friend, and is both a practical and a fashionable choice. These styles, along with the Flapper caps and Tweed baseball caps, are suitable for anyone, of any age, and we also have a range for children, so that everyone can enjoy the look. We even have a Sherlock Tweed Hat, handmade from 100% wool in grey Herringbone, which is an extra special option this year.
- Heritage coats you’ll love. Have you seen our new Fall collection of coats in radiant seasonal colours? We have excelled ourselves with the beautiful choices this year, and anyone who receives one of these on St Patrick’s Day will know how much they mean to you. We love the Full length Donegal Coats, available in five stunning shades that reflect the colours of the Irish countryside, and the Skellig and Trinity 3/4 length coats, available in eight colours, are a great choice to stay warm and cosy in spite of the Irish weather. Our designs are created by Jack Murphy, and we are proud that there is something for everyone here. You’ll love the rich shades, particularly the Blackberry and Olive, which elevate these coats from functional to striking, while still maintaining comfort and keeping you dry and warm in all seasons.
- Stylish clothing. Buying clothing as a gift is not always easy, but our collection of stylish Tweed blazers, gilets and waistcoats will be a great hit every time. We love the muted, natural colours used by weavers such as Mucros and Jack Murphy, and the timeless style is right on trend this year. We have designs for men and women, and plenty of options to choose from so that you can create a look that is as unique as your lucky recipient. If you are looking for outerwear, you’ll love our colourful range of Irish woven capes, wraps and ponchos, designed to make the most of the beautiful tweed, wool and cashmere that Ireland is renowned for. We especially love this Lambswool Celtic Ruana Wrap in emerald green, which is reminiscent of the vivid greens we see in the mosses and grasses of Ireland. It is a great choice all year round, and can be worn in many different ways to create a variety of looks, including the popular ‘blanket look’ seen this year.
- Scarves for men and women. We often talk about keeping warm, and this is because we are used to the unpredictable climate in Ireland, which is often cold and wet for many months. Instead of staying in, we like to make the most of every day by getting out, whatever the weather, and we believe that the right clothing can make all the difference. Scarves are an autumn and winter essential for most of us in Ireland, and we have a range of gorgeous scarves that will tempt you to wrap up warm and head out for a wintery walk, as well. We love the Foxford Woollen Mills Lambswool scarves, in a variety of designs including tartans and Donegal stripes, and you’ll find our Alpaca scarves in Herringbone to be an especially warm and cosy option. If you are looking for something extra special, try the McKernan Woollen Mills Cosmo Scarf, in rainbow colours to really brighten up someone’s day, or the beautiful Celtic Birds Pattern Scarf from Aran Sweater Market, which was inspired by artefacts left in Ireland by the ancient Celts.
- Top quality socks. There’s a world of difference between average socks and those that are crafted from 100% Irish Wool. Our Irish Walking Wool Socks are comfortable and durable, and make a great gift for every member of the family. There are several classic colours to choose from, and everyone will appreciate this thoughtful choice.
- Gifts for the home. Everyone loves a gift that is practical as well as beautiful, and our throws and blankets are exactly that. Browse our gifts for the home catalogue, and you will find a wealth of colours and designs that will brighten up any home and add a touch of cosiness, too. From our unique Fairy Tree Celtic Throw to our Two Tone Aran Patchwork Throw, you’ll love these luxurious and authentic designs that reflect the heritage of the weavers who first used these stitches to adorn their homes.
- Stocking fillers. This year, it’s all about sustainability, and we have an excellent range of stocking fillers that are the perfect choice for the planet and your conscience. Made from natural fibres, including organic Irish wool and classic Irish Tweed, our stocking fillers are affordable and stylish gifts that your loved ones will treasure. Check out our adorable Kid’s Aran Sheep Slip-on Slippers, with traditional Cable Aran pattern and lined with cosy fleece, for a great gift that will keep your little ones warm all year round – and you’ll be delighted to know that we also stock an adult’s version! Our Tweed coin purses make great little gifts for any member of the family, and our Tweed notebooks are a unique and fashionable choice. We have a classic Tweed Neck Tie in dark grey Herringbone, which will bring a little Peaky Blinders style to the man in your life, and our Tweed Hip Flasks are an excellent gift idea for a man who is tricky to buy for. Our beautiful mittens and gloves come in many different styles, from Herringbone Tweed to sheepskin, and a gift that is both practical and stylish will always be well received.
Classic Irish Style For St Patrick’s Day
Our ranges of clothing and accessories are selected to represent the very best of Irish heritage, combining traditional skills with contemporary style to create stunning results. All of our designs are rooted in Ireland’s ancient history, connecting legends with the integrity and pride of the communities who have thrived in this challenging environment for so long. From the knitting stitches that reflect the hostile seas and the native plants, to the Tweed caps that have a long and fascinating history themselves, every item is intertwined with Irish identity and soul.
Whether you’re looking for a special gift for your spouse or your sibling, or stocking fillers for the whole family, we are here to help you to make the best choices for everyone. You can call into a store in person or call us or enquire online, and you will receive the very best of personal service to ensure that you find exactly what you need.
Do Your St Patrick’s Shopping Today At Weavers Of Ireland
The clothing and accessories we supply at Weavers of Ireland are designed to demonstrate the very best of Irish style and tradition, and you will find the perfect gifts for all of your family and friends here. You can visit one of our three stores in Ireland, at Killarney, Kenmare and Kinsale, or browse our online catalogue at Weavers of Ireland, to find beautiful clothing, accessories and home decor, including unique throws and blankets, in our extensive range.
The post St Patrick’s Day Guide to Irish Tweed & Irish Wool Woven Products appeared first on Blog and The City.